Public Resources & Systems for Children under 5
Curious about the public resources and systems for children under the age of five in Virginia for early education and care?
Check out the statewide Needs Assessment that was recently released by the Governor in partnership with Virginia Early Childhood Foundation.
Click on the links below for more information including findings specific to children with disabilities:
- Summary of Major Gaps and Opportunities for Virginia (page 97-100)
- Supports for Children with Disabilities (page 5)
- Most Significant Gaps (page 6-7)
- Description of Programs that include Children with Disabilities (page 35)
- Early Childhood Special Education (page 43-44)
- Early Childhood Special Education and Early Intervention (page 64)
- Programs that support Health of Children and Families in Virginia (page 69)
- Early Intervention (page 72-73)
You can also read the Draft Strategic Plan which sets out goals around equitable access, family engagement, workforce quality, accountability and local capacity and innovation.